Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3 and learning to modify :)

So I will totally admit that I have not followed the diet plan verbatim but I have lost 3 pound in 3 days (YAY!)

I'm learning that I can still munch on some of the food that I like but that I have to accomodate for that in something else. For example yesterday for lunch at work the kiddos had mini hamburger pizzas (homemade and MUCH healthier then the frozen ones obviously) they smelled delicious and made my sad little salad look even sadder by comparison so I allowed myself to have one (even though our chef always makes the teachers 2 or 3) and then munched on the salad and cucumbers that I had brought. Knowing that I had a treat helped me stay focused for the rest of the day (even though we did go out for dinner that night).

I've also stuck to strictly water for a drink (why waste those precious calories right!?) At first I was a little worried that I would be craving soda but I've found that I don't really miss it. Granted I tend to stay away from caffeinated sodas anyway and stick to the clear caffeine free sodas (Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc) but I do sometimes just CRAVE Sprite and then once I have one I just keep wanting another one. I know that you should allow yourself those things you crave in moderation but I really think for right now I'm just going to avoid it all together until I know I can cope with it.

Needless to say my weigh in today was 284 (down 3 pounds!!!) and I can't wait to see how I keep progressing -- should probably go prepare a lunch for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment