Monday, June 20, 2011

Eating Healthier

So today I weighed myself (for the first time in quite a while) and I weighed in at 287. That number really freaks me out because that means I'm only 13 pounds away from weighing 300 pounds...that makes me really scared.

I have however started to eat healthier this week. My mom started taking HCG (those little drops that you put under your tongue) -- she wanted me to try them but I was too hesitant to do it without talking to my doctor first. But I did however look through the little booklet that comes with the drops and at the back was a 1500 calorie diet that you can follow with the drops (which is MUCH healthier than the Very low calorie diet plan of only 500 that the plan encourages). Anyway, I decided that I could totally follow this so this weekend we went shopping and stalked up on some yummy (healthy) food.

Basically the break down of the diet is this:
2 servings of milk a day -- I'm not a milk drinker but I do like yogurt so that's what I've been eating.
3 servings of fruit
3 servings of veggies
5 servings of meat -- this is by far the hardest because I'm just not a big meat eater so to have to actually work it into my diet is kind of a challenge.
3 servings of fat (like salad dressing, peanut butter, etc)
8 servings of starches

It actually works out to be a lot of food in the long run. I'm not going to lie I've had some hunger pains but I think its really just because I'm eating more good for you healthy foods and not fattening weigh you down kind of foods. Walking through Walgreens to get to the photo center was the most difficult part of my day because I had to walk straight past the candy aisle and I really do think that those Kit-Kats were calling my name -- but I did not cave! Although, I do think I'm going to have a small dish of ice cream as a treat tonight so that way I don't get so tempted to go overboard and cheat tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be day 2 and I'm hoping that I can stay strong and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment