Monday, September 6, 2010

News Flash: Buffets Are NOT Your Friend!

I Repeat: BUFFETS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND!!!

So today went out with a friend that I haven't seen in months and we had a really good time. First was lunch and we decided we really wanted Chinese food because who doesn't like Chinese food?? The only real Chinese restaurant we have in town is a buffet -- which did not turn out so well for me. I did OK but when I totaled everything up on my food diary it totaled over 700 calories!! And that my friends is A LOT of calories for just lunch!!

After lunch we were going to see a movie but we ended up talking so much that by the time we left the restaurant we only had 9 minutes until the movie started and our theater was about 15 minutes away, so instead we decided to go check out the botanical garden. This turned out to be an excellent idea because it was like going on a hike only with paved trails and GORGEOUS flowers to look at. We spent an hour and a half walking and taking pictures which helped redeemed lunch time!

I feel pretty proud of myself I know it's only been two days but I didn't make any excuses as to why I couldn't exercise today (I also did the strength training cards from Self which were BRUTAL). The long weekend ends tomorrow which means it's back to work, which means that I'm going to have to keep myself motivated to do my workout tomorrw (I tend to give up on exercise after working all day). But like the little engine said "I think I can! I think I can!"

Link Time!!
Lauritzen Gardens (the botanical gardens are beautiful and I definitely reccomend them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment