Sunday, November 7, 2010

Realizations and a Helpful Tip from Yours Truly

First things first: HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW!!!

OK now on to business. So, I have totally lacked on the blogging and to be honest I haven't even logged in for 2 weeks! I know, I know, I'm putting my nose in the corner right now, shame on me!

Anyway I've really started listening to my body lately when I eat certain things or go with out certain foods. It's amazing what you can learn when you just stop and listen to what your body is trying to tell you (I'm sure many of you have already learned this but I'm still learning so bear with me).

Somethings my body has told me:
  1. I CANNOT indulge on junkfood like I once could! Last week we had a Halloween carnival and party at work with the kiddos. In the afternoon another teacher and myself watched a movie with our kids and gave them Orange Soda floats and cookies (I know, I know totally not healthy but it was a holiday and it rarely happens), so naturally we ate the same. That night I went out to dinner with my mom and had chicken fried steak and eggs which just so happens to be one of my favorite meals (or used too...). That night I did not feel well and ended up being sick. That was one major lesson learned and the next day I watched what I ate and felt much better (go figure).
  2. My body craves water! Yesterday I had First Aid and CPR training early in the morning so naturally loaded up on caffeine but left the water bottle at home. BAD IDEA. For the rest of the morning my stomach cramped and I felt slightly naseuous and couldn't figure out why. When I got home I thought about everything I had ate or drank throughout the day to try to figure out why I wasn't feeling well and it dawned on me that I hadn't drank any water. So I drank a nice big glass of water and waited for 15 minutes and felt miles better. I really should have known better considering that throughout the week I mainly drink water with only coffee in the morning and a clear soda either at night or in the afternoon.
  3. When I'm stressed I just need a good book! OK so I know that this has NOTHING to do with diet or exercise, but it was just a really stressful week at work. I got in a major argument with another teacher and had to put my foot down on somethings and had to deal with the backlash from that (although I was majorly relieved to find out that my boss sided with me and commended me on how I handled the situation). But when things were over and I was still feeling stressed and nothing was calming me down I picked up the book I was reading and just let myself get lost in the pages and I felt much much calmer when I was done.

OK so those are just a few things I've learned over the week and I actually like learning from my body and I know that it will help me in the future.


One Helpful Tip!!
Alright before I go I just wanted to give a tip that helps me when making my workout playlists for the week. As anyone with an iPod or any other musical device knows it can be daunting going through songs to add for workouts. So what I do is rate all of the songs that I know will keep me motivated while working out, that way all I have to do when creating my playlists is sort by rating then add. For me my playlists consist of anything with an amazing beat (think rock songs and rap music). This may be a tip that everyone has been using for centuries, but I figure that there may be a few out there who are still lost in the musical abyss, so there ya go!

Keep ya chin up and see ya later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment