Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested." ~ Sir Francis Bacon

So I've decided that the logical thing to do would be to start reading Times All Time 100 Novels. Since there are 100 of them to read I figure I can start on that goal and work on others at the same time. Although I haven't decided what else I want to accomplish yet....hmm...

Anywho, I picked up the first two novels on the list The Adventures of Augie March and All the King's Men. I have the week off from work (yay) so I should be able to fit in some serious reading time. I've read the first two chapters of Augie March and so far it seems like an interesting story. I should have gotten much farther but my darn magazines came in the mail and distracted me and then my mom asked if I wanted to go shopping....so needless to say the book got abandoned on the coffee table. But, no fears, I will open the book and attempt to make it to chapter 10 tomorrow so that I can give a much more indepth review/description of the book.

For now if you would like to read TIME's descriptions of the first two books follow the links!
The Adventures of Augie March

All the King's Men

No comments:

Post a Comment