Sunday, January 9, 2011

Get Up and Get Moving!

This post is all about resolution #2 (if you haven't read my resolutions and would like to you can find them here).

I actually started working on this one last week although I didn't  really reach my goal of working out 2x a week because I got asked to babysit (although I think chasing around a 4yr old and a 3mo old should totally count as cardio).

ANYWAY...

THE PLAN

So most research says it takes at least 21 days to form a new habit so the grand plan is that for the next 21 days (that would be until January 30) I am going to make myself a new habit ---YAY!!   My plan originally was to incorporate two at home low impact workouts into my weekly routine but then I found out that my family did NOT cancel our gym membership like I had thought and with my new fabulous job and work schedule I can actually go to the gym before it gets dark (double YAY)!

SO...

My goal is to obviously workout twice a week -- Mondays and Wednesdays in case your wondering. On Mondays I'm still kind of lazy from the weekend so I think that I'll go and walk the track and try to work my way back up to two miles in a half an hour. On Wednesdays I'm  a little more motivated so I'll do both walking and the eliptical, my goal is to eventually phase out most of the walking on Wednesdays (except for warm up and cool down) and do the majority of the workout on the eliptical but right now I know that's not going to happen. At the end of the 21 days I'll see how I feel and either continue with that routine or add an extra day to the routine.

On a side note I used to add my workout playlist to my daily workout posts (when I remembered to post) do you all think that's still a good idea or is it annoying and nobody really cares....I need some help making that decision! Leave a comment and let me know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment